Few places in the world compare to Chilean Patagonia for cruising. Glacial topped peaks soar above the clear waters of the fjords and thousands of mist shrouded islands covered in old growth rainforest give it a feeling of a land that time forgot. Countless waterfalls cascade from the heights and abundant wildlife such as dolphins, sea lions and several species of whales ply the endless waterways.
Chilean Patagonia stretches over 1000 kilometers (600 miles) and offers a variety of cruising options – from visits to the glacial walls and icebergs of the Laguna San Rafael National Park, to following in the footsteps of Fitzroy and Darwin via the Beagle Channel, and even visits to the famous Cape Horn of Tierra del Fuego. These adventurous areas can be visited in supreme comfort and safety aboard the Skorpios and Mares Australis Vessels.
There are various options, from 3 nights to 8 nights.Ask about your Patagonian cruise here!
Explore the wondrous depths of Patagonia like a true mariner:
Laguna San Rafael National Park and Glaciers
Book your San Rafael adventure now
- Depart from Puerto Montt, the capital of the Lakes Region, visiting the magical island of Chiloé as we make our way to the Northern Patagonia Ice field.
- We’ll navigate through the steep-walled fjords to reach the isolated Laguna San Rafael National Park for dramatic views of glaciers and icebergs calving from one of the planets' largest fresh water reserves.
- We'll also stop at the fishing village of Puerto Aguirre and the Quitralco fjord, with its hot springs and hikes into the temperate rainforest before returning to Puerto Montt.
Southern Patagonia ice fields: 4 days/3 nights
Book your icefield adventure now
- We set sail from picturesque Puerto Natales, gateway to Torres del Paine. We'll sail north on the “Last Hope Sound” to Bernardo O’Higgins National Park, making our way through the Patagonian fjords.
- There we will visit the Southern Patagonia ice field, for stunning views of glaciers and icebergs, as well as local wildlife.
- We'll see many glaciers, including the Amalia, El Brujo, Fiordo Calvo, Bernal and Herman. Our activities include hikes to the edge of the glaciers and navigating close to icebergs. We’ll also be able to observe native flora and fauna in pristine locations.
Tierra del Fuego and Cape Horn
- These luxury expedition vessels travel between Punta Arenas and Ushuaia (Argentina) via the famous Beagle Channel, visiting the legendary Cape Horn. We'll be able to visit remarkable areas on our zodiacs.
- On Cape Horn, where you have the opportunity to disembark (weather and seas permitting), Wulaia Bay, a colony of Magellanic Penguins, stunning glaciers and other areas visited by the great explorers. The voyage will end in charming Punta Arenas.
Book your Patagonian cruise now